Moving is one of life’s more stressful events. Luckily, you can take some of that stress away by storing your belongings. Here’s how renting a storage unit can benefit you and your move.
Keep Belongings Out of the Way
One of the most difficult parts of moving is deciding where to put your belongings once they’re packed. Especially if you’re still showing your current home. Renting a storage unit offers a convenient solution to store your items, either long or short-term. You’ll be able to keep your boxes and excess furniture out of the way while still being completely accessible. The most common moving situations where a storage unit would be most helpful are:
- Downsizing: Moving into a smaller space may need extra storage for items like furniture, children’s toys and clothing that will be reused, or holiday decorations.
- Staging a Home: If you’re in the process of moving, but still have items in your home that don’t look ready for a real estate showing, a storage unit can help.
- Waiting on a Closing Date: If you need to be out of your current place by a certain time, keep your items in a temporary storage unit so you don’t have to rush and move all your things.
No matter what moving situation you find yourself in, a storage unit can help you out.
Set Up Your New Home at Your Own Pace
Getting settled into a new home is stressful. A house full of stuff sitting around waiting to be unpacked puts pressure on you to hurry up and put everything away. By renting a storage unit, you can alleviate a little of the stress along the way. You can even prioritize the items that need to come to the new house first and which are fine to sit in storage for a bit longer. Not only does this make the process easier and give you more time to settle in, but it saves a lot of day-to-day stress.
Protect Your Belongings
Whether you’re in-between homes or need to protect your items during the move, a storage unit is a great resource. People can often tell when someone is moving, and you don’t want the wrong people to take notice. Protect your items and your property by storing your belongings instead! Most storage facilities have security measures that should offer you more peace of mind while you get through your move.
Renting a storage unit from the right place means added convenient features and amenities. These extra benefits you should look for are:
- Security Features: As mentioned previously, security measures will offer you more peace of mind during your move. So look for a place with the latest in high-security monitoring. Features like 24/7 camera surveillance, gate entry, and passcode entry will ensure your stuff is safe.
- Flexible Leasing Options: You may only need temporary storage depending on your situation. Look for companies that offer month-to-month options with no long-term commitments.
- Moving Trucks: A unique but incredibly helpful feature you might need! At All Secure Storage, we offer moving truck rentals to assist you in your move.
Ready to Move?
Let us help make your move less stressful. All Secure Storage is the go-to storage provider for the Western Slopes. With convenient locations in Montrose, Fruita, and Grand Junction, we’ve got your storage needs covered.